Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help for opening comsol4.3

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello comsolers,

I have a project which is created by Comsol4.3a or 4.3b (I don't know exactly) and I have comsol4.3.
As far as I know comsol4.3 can not open the projects that are created in newer version.

Could somebody help me just changing the version of my comsol project to comsol3.5a, please?
Then I think I will be able to open it by myself.

I need to work with this project, so I will appreciated and be thankful who will help me for this procedure.

Thanks in advance again for your help,
Sepideh

4 Replies Last Post Jun 30, 2014, 7:30 a.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 18, 2014, 6:07 a.m. EDT

I am not aware of a possibility to convert a 4.3b model to 3.5. The software has changed significantly in between.

Maybe you can address that to the support.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I am not aware of a possibility to convert a 4.3b model to 3.5. The software has changed significantly in between. Maybe you can address that to the support. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 27, 2014, 3:54 a.m. EDT
Hi,
Are you sure about the file you have attached?
I tried to open it with COMSOL 4.4 (its possible to open a 4.3 with 4.4) , it seems that there is no COMSOL archive in the zip file you have attached.
(mph file).

Best,
H.
Hi, Are you sure about the file you have attached? I tried to open it with COMSOL 4.4 (its possible to open a 4.3 with 4.4) , it seems that there is no COMSOL archive in the zip file you have attached. (mph file). Best, H.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2014, 4:21 a.m. EDT

Hi,
Are you sure about the file you have attached?
I tried to open it with COMSOL 4.4 (its possible to open a 4.3 with 4.4) , it seems that there is no COMSOL archive in the zip file you have attached.
(mph file).

Best,
H.

Hi,

Attached .mph file.
If it does not work please let me know.
Thanks for your help
Sepideh
[QUOTE] Hi, Are you sure about the file you have attached? I tried to open it with COMSOL 4.4 (its possible to open a 4.3 with 4.4) , it seems that there is no COMSOL archive in the zip file you have attached. (mph file). Best, H. [/QUOTE] Hi, Attached .mph file. If it does not work please let me know. Thanks for your help Sepideh

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 30, 2014, 7:30 a.m. EDT
Dear Sepideh,
I've opened the model without problem, BUT
since there is no backward compatibility, I think its not possible to convert the model to a lower version.
What I think I could do , is
1- To export the geometry as a comsol binary file (*.mphbin) and send it to you but as I saw the model, its not a complicated geometry so I guess you need the whole data of the simulation( variables, definitions, etc. )
2- To create a complete report from the model , so you could reproduce the simulation with the version you have.

Let me know if any of these could help you.

Best,
Hadis
Dear Sepideh, I've opened the model without problem, BUT since there is no backward compatibility, I think its not possible to convert the model to a lower version. What I think I could do , is 1- To export the geometry as a comsol binary file (*.mphbin) and send it to you but as I saw the model, its not a complicated geometry so I guess you need the whole data of the simulation( variables, definitions, etc. ) 2- To create a complete report from the model , so you could reproduce the simulation with the version you have. Let me know if any of these could help you. Best, Hadis

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.