Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

interface boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,
I am using PDE solver of Comsol (Coefficient Form). I have faced two problems. I would appreciate if you guide me how to overcome.
1- I am solveing a 2D model for two geometries with an interfacial boundary condition. I have a problem with setting up the interface boundary conditions.
I have two geometries with the same lenght. At interface, the vertical velocity of both geometries should be equal. Two different variable (u1 and u2) are solving separately in geometries. I do not know how to specify the interactive boundary condition? at each time step, this interactive boundary condition should be applied to connect 2 geometries. I have tried to use boundary similarity, pair, ... without success. (the lenght of common boundary is the same).
2- in the attached model, I have specified two governing equations for two geometries. my question is that have I specified the coefficent ''Gamma'' in lower layer according to PDF file? how I should specify Uxxt and Uyyt?

Regards
Ali

0 Replies Last Post Jun 17, 2014, 2:09 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ali Abdolali

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.