Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export file format

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

currently I try to find a simple way to work on exported data from COMSOL models using Tecplot.
In this context I came along some issues with COMSOL's file format of exported files.
There seems to be a difference in the data content of an exported file from COMSOL between the formats "sectionwise" and "spreadsheet".

Let me give you an example of what I mean by chosing an arbitrary model from COMSOL's model library. Lets say:
"Model library" -> "COMSOL Multiphysics" ->"Equation-Based Models" -> "integro-partial"

Then under the "Export"-node at the bottom of the model tree view, I added a "Plot 1" node.
This "Plot 1" node refers to the plot group "Temperature (ht)".
Now I ran this node both for "sectionwise" and "spreadsheet" data formats.
The two exported files do not seem to contain the same amount of data.

The exported file in "spreadsheet" format seems to contain the data of both curves of the exported plot group, which is what I would expect.
In contrast, the exported file in "sectionwise" format seems to only contain data of one of the two curves of the according plot group.

Is there any explanation/solution for this?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Juergen

1 Reply Last Post Jul 30, 2014, 11:36 a.m. EDT
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago Jul 30, 2014, 11:36 a.m. EDT
Dear Juergen,

thank you for your posting - you might have a point in there and we are looking into that.
Meanwhile, I suggest the following workaround. Do not use the Export Plot feature but
use the Export Data feature. See my attached model which will produce 2 files, one for each parameter.

Best regards,
Sven
Dear Juergen, thank you for your posting - you might have a point in there and we are looking into that. Meanwhile, I suggest the following workaround. Do not use the Export Plot feature but use the Export Data feature. See my attached model which will produce 2 files, one for each parameter. Best regards, Sven

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.