Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

no current incuced in my inner coil.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to find the induced voltage on my coil wich is induced by another external coil, both are multi turn coil and numerical, they are over an alluminum bar, they are concentric and the inner coil has a current equals to 0 and the external coil has 1 [A], I have added the input and an electric insulation in both and in the step I have a coil current calculation for the external coil and also a frequence domain, but my global evaluation keeps showing me a voltage equals to zero in my inner coil, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

3 Replies Last Post Jul 30, 2014, 5:29 p.m. EDT
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 10 years ago Jul 30, 2014, 3:17 p.m. EDT
Juliana,

the picture looks like there is no air domain around the coils. They seem to be attached to the surface of the cylinder. If this is the case there can't be a field around the coils. You need to put it all into an air box. Many more can be wrong of course.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Juliana, the picture looks like there is no air domain around the coils. They seem to be attached to the surface of the cylinder. If this is the case there can't be a field around the coils. You need to put it all into an air box. Many more can be wrong of course. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 10 years ago Jul 30, 2014, 3:20 p.m. EDT
Hi Edgar, the air is just hidden, and also I have changed its electical conductivity to 10 S/m... and the coils are separeted from the bar by 0.118[mm]...
Hi Edgar, the air is just hidden, and also I have changed its electical conductivity to 10 S/m... and the coils are separeted from the bar by 0.118[mm]...

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 10 years ago Jul 30, 2014, 5:29 p.m. EDT
Juliana,

we would need to have a look into the model to get any further. It could be a support case too.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Juliana, we would need to have a look into the model to get any further. It could be a support case too. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.