Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

infinite integral to calculate trapping potential

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi, I am calculating trapping potential by optical trapping integral. In my model, the focused light is incident into sharp gold substrate, thus the huge enhanced electric field causes the optical trapping something. I already get the optical trapping force, however, I cannot solve the trapping potential by the optical trapping force.

In detail,

As I searched in searching engine like google, the optical trapping potential is calculated by the integral equation as attached below, however, I cannot apply the equation in COMSOL. What can I do? Somebody helps me, please.

as I mentioned before, I already have the force (Fx, Fy, Fz, respectively)

Thanks,

0 Replies Last Post Aug 9, 2014, 9:55 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Soonwoo Hong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.