Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Light guide Simulation With LED bulb source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm going to simulate a cylindrical light guide which is solid. This light guide should be illuminated by a light source like a LED light bulb. I'm going to analyse the luminous intensity over the light guide. the purpose of the study is to get the uniform and enough luminous intensity over the light guide.

Which model of optic wave I can use? Beam Envelopes or Frequency Domain?or others? How I can define the light sources like light bulb since there are luminous intensity and radiation pattern in LED datasheets? How I can find relations between these two input source parameters with those parameters that are available in COMSOL?

Finally do you have any practical example for running visible light analysis in COMSOL?

0 Replies Last Post Sep 17, 2014, 1:08 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hadi Nazarian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.