Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Computer performances issue

Lele, Dipl.-Phys. & Msc.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am facing a computer performance issue here and would like to have your kind opinion.
I have been working with Comsol 4.3b on a PC with the following requirements (PC_1):
- Pocessor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40 GHz 3.40 GHz
- RAM: 32 Gb
- Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 6350
Few days ago a computer crush occurs and a new one was bought on which Comsol 4.4 is installed with the following requirements (PC_2):
- Pocessor: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50 GHz 2.50 GHz
- RAM: 128 Gb
- Graphic Card: AMD FirePro V4900 (Fire GL V)

Now the same simulation runing on PC_1 take 2 days to solve 100% and on PC_2, it has already 2 days and still at 5%. Looking at the above performances, PC_2 is more powerful than PC_1 and should solve quicker than PC_1. So my question is: Is this related to the Comsol version? Do I need to set something else on the PC_2? Please it woulb be very nice from you to give me your input here.
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
--
A. Fopah Lele
Dipl.-Phys. & Msc.

0 Replies Last Post Oct 20, 2014, 5:01 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lele, Dipl.-Phys. & Msc.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.