Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Helmholtz coil not solved correctly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am a beginner in Comsol and I am trying to solve for an anti-helmholtz coil configuration. I followed the instructions given in the help manual but the solution seems to be wrong. Furthermore, the slice is displayed in the plane of the coils and not throughout the entire specified plane. I have attached the file. Could someone help?

1 Reply Last Post Nov 6, 2014, 1:12 p.m. EST
Nirmal Paudel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago Nov 6, 2014, 1:12 p.m. EST
Hi,

The attached example is the modified version of the "helmholtz_coil.mph" from the Model Library. The original model file is available to download here as well.
www.comsol.com/model/magnetic-field-of-a-helmholtz-coil-15

The attached file should help you to visualize the results in different planes.

Best Regards,
Nirmal Paudel
--------------------------
COMSOL Employee
USA
Hi, The attached example is the modified version of the "helmholtz_coil.mph" from the Model Library. The original model file is available to download here as well. http://www.comsol.com/model/magnetic-field-of-a-helmholtz-coil-15 The attached file should help you to visualize the results in different planes. Best Regards, Nirmal Paudel -------------------------- COMSOL Employee USA

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.