Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling an electromagnetic dipole

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm going to model and electromagnetic dipole with two coils and an iron yoke.
I try to use the AC/DC mf module, but it is not clear to me how to fix the current direction in the coil. I mean, if I use "external current density" node, the current does not follow the coil has it has the direction I set in the node.

If I use the "single turn coil" node I should two wires: one for the boundary feed and the other one for the ground, which is something I don't want to do. If I use the gap feed option I have a solution for very high current (>1.5 A/mm^2), for lower current the solution is not convergent.

Propably I'm following the wrong approach, do you have some advices?
Would it be better to use the AC/DC mef module?
There are some exemples I can look at?

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post Dec 4, 2014, 12:43 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francesco Schillaci

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.