Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Expressions for time stepping are invalid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I keep getting the error "Expressions for time stepping are invalid" no matter how I try to change the information about the time steping. I am using the RF module, Time explicit

The expression I am using for the time steping is range(0,DT/24,5*DT)

What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 26, 2015, 5:07 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Mar 26, 2015, 5:07 p.m. EDT
Perhaps, DT has the wrong definition:
- or it is not time, [s]
- or DT is not Global Parameter
- or something else

In my models I have used, for example
In Global Definitions/Parameters
(Name)Dt (Expression)1e-7[s]
In Step1: Time Dependent/Times
range(0,0.1*Dt,Dt)

But I think the problem is in another place:
In Study 1/Solver Configurations/Solver 1/Time-Dependent Solver 1
- here check the section Time Stepping, namely, expressions for Initial Step and Maximum Step
Perhaps, DT has the wrong definition: - or it is not time, [s] - or DT is not Global Parameter - or something else In my models I have used, for example In Global Definitions/Parameters (Name)Dt (Expression)1e-7[s] In Step1: Time Dependent/Times range(0,0.1*Dt,Dt) But I think the problem is in another place: In Study 1/Solver Configurations/Solver 1/Time-Dependent Solver 1 - here check the section Time Stepping, namely, expressions for Initial Step and Maximum Step

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.