Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic Induction Heating of Titanium

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning all,

I am carry out a work based project for Rolls-Royce plc, compressor components business, also doubling up as my university dissertation.

The project is to improve efficiency of the thermal cycle used to adhesively bond Fan Track Liner components within the Compressor Fan Case.

I need a rough calculation of energy input required to elevate a 500kg thermal mass of titanium 6/4 to 175 degrees c and hold it there for 70 minutes by way of electromagnetic induction.

I'm aware that titanium is poor electrical conductor, however I would like data on which to discount this application.

I'm wondering if there are any gentlemen on here who may be able to calculate this for me?

Kind Regards Tom Smith (Laboratory Technologist)

1 Reply Last Post Mar 31, 2015, 6:55 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Mar 31, 2015, 6:55 a.m. EDT
Hi,

Tom I send you a private message

Julien
Hi, Tom I send you a private message Julien

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.