Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of dendrite microstructure growth by solidification using Phase Field Modeling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to implement a model for dendrite growth in Fe-C system by using two governing equations, one for phase field order and one for concentration i.e. (phi, c). I have all the values and conditions but I'm still not getting the correct output. I am willing to give all the details of the model or even send the one that I have made.
Please let me know. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Nihal

4 Replies Last Post Jun 16, 2017, 5:17 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nihal Acharya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago Nov 11, 2016, 2:45 a.m. EST
Hi, are you still working on phase field simulation? I have a working isothermal PF solidification model but I wish to use KKS model to simulate directional solidification, may be we can discuss more about it. yachao.joker@gmail.com
Hi, are you still working on phase field simulation? I have a working isothermal PF solidification model but I wish to use KKS model to simulate directional solidification, may be we can discuss more about it. yachao.joker@gmail.com

Posted: 8 years ago Nov 11, 2016, 11:57 a.m. EST
Hi Yachao,

I finished working on phase field modeling. I worked on Phase Field Modeling of Electrodeposition process in lithium metal batteries and my thesis got published recently. However, I am willing to help you out if I can.

I have worked on the KKS model too for solidification process.

Regards,
Nihal

Hi Yachao, I finished working on phase field modeling. I worked on Phase Field Modeling of Electrodeposition process in lithium metal batteries and my thesis got published recently. However, I am willing to help you out if I can. I have worked on the KKS model too for solidification process. Regards, Nihal

Posted: 8 years ago Nov 11, 2016, 5:45 p.m. EST
Hi Nihal Acharya,
I have built a simple pure material isothermal solidification model in Comsol, now I wish to adopt KKS model to simulate directional alloy solidification, however, I have problems defining PDE and maybe some variables.

May I have your email? I need your help. Appreciate!
Hi Nihal Acharya, I have built a simple pure material isothermal solidification model in Comsol, now I wish to adopt KKS model to simulate directional alloy solidification, however, I have problems defining PDE and maybe some variables. May I have your email? I need your help. Appreciate!

Posted: 7 years ago Jun 16, 2017, 5:17 p.m. EDT
Hi Nihal,
I am Rijo. I am currently working on a project on Dendrite Study on Li-ion Batteries. I am working on simulating the charge-discharge cycle of the battery using COMSOL. It would be a great help if you can help me out with some doubts. I can get back to you if you give your mail id. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Rijo John
rijo.john@wayne.edu
Hi Nihal, I am Rijo. I am currently working on a project on Dendrite Study on Li-ion Batteries. I am working on simulating the charge-discharge cycle of the battery using COMSOL. It would be a great help if you can help me out with some doubts. I can get back to you if you give your mail id. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Rijo John rijo.john@wayne.edu

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.