Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using selections of edges in virtual operations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I created a selection of edges which I wanted to ignore in my model using the virtual operation 'Ignore Edges'. I was surprised to discover that in the IgnoreEdges operation I can only select domains, but not my selection of edges. Is this intentional?
Thank you
Daniel

1 Reply Last Post May 6, 2015, 9:00 a.m. EDT
Bjorn Bretz COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago May 6, 2015, 9:00 a.m. EDT
Dear Daniel,

You can specify the edges to ignore in an Ignore Edges node by referring to an edge selection that is defined in the same geometry sequence. If this does not work for you or if you have more specific questions in this issue, I recommend you to contact COMSOL support (www.comsol.com/support/case/).

Sincerely,
Bjorn Bretz
COMSOL Development
Dear Daniel, You can specify the edges to ignore in an Ignore Edges node by referring to an edge selection that is defined in the same geometry sequence. If this does not work for you or if you have more specific questions in this issue, I recommend you to contact COMSOL support (http://www.comsol.com/support/case/). Sincerely, Bjorn Bretz COMSOL Development

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.