Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can someone help on my model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have built a model using COMSOL 5.1 as in the attachment. There are some questions going with it, could someone please help me to look at it?

This is a AC/DC problem with magnetic field and induced current plroblem. I built an antenna with 5 independent coils as the true helix. I am not sure if this is efficient or not. Here are my questions:

1. After I built the antenna with everything (difference -dif1 in the model), how can I copy this structure to other place? I need 3 or 5 more the same structure on the smae steel cyclinder.
2. How can I fill the empty domain inside the steel cyclinder. In my model, it looks like the empty space are not here. But I would like to have them filled with different materials.
3. In the model, there is a domain called "ext1", I am not sure where it is, and if it will effect he simulation results if I leave it there. How can I get rid of it?
4. The most important, when I try to compute the problem, I got an error: failed to evaluate the principal curvatures --face: 5 I don't understand this problem or how to fix it. Could you please let me know how to aviod this problem?
5. Is there a more efficient way to build this model?

Thank you so much and best Regards,
Jianguo

0 Replies Last Post May 20, 2015, 3:21 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jianguo Liu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.