Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

LiveLink compatibles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

What version of SolidWorks is being supported by LiveLink in 4.0a version of COMSOL?
"The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" i have this message right after i press Synchronize button, does this mean i have wrong SolidWorks version or else?

6 Replies Last Post Nov 3, 2010, 3:54 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 4, 2010, 1:31 a.m. EDT
Hi

I have used SW 2009SP4.1 and 2010sp3.1, currently testing 2010_sp4.1 (for today ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have used SW 2009SP4.1 and 2010sp3.1, currently testing 2010_sp4.1 (for today ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 4, 2010, 2:16 a.m. EDT
Thanks for reply. And what does this "The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" mean then? I had installed SolidWorks before COMSOL btw, and followed instructions from help.
Thanks for reply. And what does this "The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" mean then? I had installed SolidWorks before COMSOL btw, and followed instructions from help.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 4, 2010, 3:19 a.m. EDT
Hi

not sure i o not have that message, have you checked the SW tools add-ins and that LiveLink is checked (active and at alunch ? (at least one is required)

which version of SW do you ahve ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi not sure i o not have that message, have you checked the SW tools add-ins and that LiveLink is checked (active and at alunch ? (at least one is required) which version of SW do you ahve ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 2, 2010, 1:32 p.m. EDT

What version of SolidWorks is being supported by LiveLink in 4.0a version of COMSOL?
"The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" i have this message right after i press Synchronize button, does this mean i have wrong SolidWorks version or else?

Did you get an answer to this? I found KB1033 (www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1033/) and plan to try it as soon as my IT department gives me admin access. If that works I can report here... if you found another solution I'd appreciate a hint.

Dave
[QUOTE] What version of SolidWorks is being supported by LiveLink in 4.0a version of COMSOL? "The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" i have this message right after i press Synchronize button, does this mean i have wrong SolidWorks version or else? [/QUOTE] Did you get an answer to this? I found KB1033 (http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1033/) and plan to try it as soon as my IT department gives me admin access. If that works I can report here... if you found another solution I'd appreciate a hint. Dave

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 2, 2010, 4:36 p.m. EDT

Did you get an answer to this? I found KB1033 (www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1033/) and plan to try it as soon as my IT department gives me admin access. If that works I can report here... if you found another solution I'd appreciate a hint.

Dave

That didn't seem to work. I got the following error when I tried the regsvr32 command:

"DllRegisterServer in C:\(path to cslivelinksw.dll) failed. Return code was: 0x80070005"

The later steps in the KB article talk about looking for the Add-in within SolidWorks, but the add-in does not show up on the list.

Dave
[QUOTE] [QUOTE] What version of SolidWorks is being supported by LiveLink in 4.0a version of COMSOL? "The LiveLink for COMSOL add-in is not correctly registered with SolidWorks" i have this message right after i press Synchronize button, does this mean i have wrong SolidWorks version or else? [/QUOTE] Did you get an answer to this? I found KB1033 (http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1033/) and plan to try it as soon as my IT department gives me admin access. If that works I can report here... if you found another solution I'd appreciate a hint. Dave [/QUOTE] That didn't seem to work. I got the following error when I tried the regsvr32 command: "DllRegisterServer in C:\(path to cslivelinksw.dll) failed. Return code was: 0x80070005" The later steps in the KB article talk about looking for the Add-in within SolidWorks, but the add-in does not show up on the list. Dave

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 3, 2010, 3:54 a.m. EDT
Sorry, dude. This solution worked fine to me.
Ivan
Sorry, dude. This solution worked fine to me. Ivan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.