Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

magnetic saturation results not matching experimental

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been modeling an electric motor in 2d using perpendicular induction current mode (emqa). My low current results match my experimental results well. However, when I add satuation by selecting nonlinear material (soft iron MUR) the results do not match well. The effect of saturation is in the correct direction, but the effect is way too large. I tried putting in my own function for ur but the effect does not match the experimnental data (which has been verified)

The effect is to reduce the flux almost linearly with increasing current until the current. Then when the current is about 10x where experments say saturation begins the model begins to show saturation.

Does anyone have experience with this?

0 Replies Last Post Sep 19, 2009, 11:55 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Richard Geiger

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.