Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FSI-Acoustic Radiation Analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am working on a simulation that analyzes the effects of an ultrasonic wave (50 MHz) on structures within the vestibular system. I am using the FSI physics instead of the ASI physics because ASI does not include the nonlinearity of the acoustic radiation force that originates from the navier-stokes equations. The ultrasonic wave is implemented using an inlet BC with a time-dependent sine equation that creates a pressure wave that propagates through the fluid. I got the simulation to work but it took eleven hours to compute a study that ran for only 1 us. There were 500 time steps total. I need to be able to run the study for 200 ms. Does anyone have ideas for an efficient time-stepping method that uses a minimum of 4-10 time steps per wave cycle?

0 Replies Last Post Jul 9, 2015, 4:31 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Marta Iversen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.