Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to simulate attenuation of Rayleigh wave propageted in solids

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am focused on simulation of Rayleigh wave dissipiation while propagated in steel.
The first step, which is performing the simulation with purely elastic material , is accomplished. Now I would like to go further - go closer to real situation which is dispersion of the pulse in time as well as in frequency domain when going further from the source of the Rayleigh wave.

I think, that the only way how to simulate this situation is to use viscoelastic material model (either Kelvin-Voight or Maxwell ?).

Or is there any other solution how to capture the pulse dispersion?

Thank you very much for your answer.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 31, 2015, 3:18 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michal Sofer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.