Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solid and Fluid motion with eigenfrequency study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I made a very simple geometry in 2D, such as the cross-section of a microcapillary.

I want to find some eigenfrequency which can make a few modes on a microcapillary.

So, for the shell I used solid mechanics study and for the fluid in the shell, I chose the creeping flow.

To find eigenfrequency, I added pressure acoustics with frequency domain.

In study section, there was a problem because the creeping flow study couldn't be included in the eigenfrequency solver.

How can I use the creeping flow for a fluid which I want and can be used for a liquid in a microcapillary?

The most important thing is the eigenfrequency.

1 Reply Last Post Sep 28, 2015, 5:10 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Sep 28, 2015, 5:10 a.m. EDT
Dear JeeWon,

I had the same problem and I struggled a lot to find a solution.
I asked the support, and they suggested to use the physics Linearized Navier-Stokes, Frequency Domain, under Acoustics->Aeroacoustics. In this way, it is possible to calculate the eigenfrequencies of a solid interacting with a fluid.
I am using the 5.1 version, I do not know if the older versions have this module.

I hope this helps.
Giorgio
Dear JeeWon, I had the same problem and I struggled a lot to find a solution. I asked the support, and they suggested to use the physics Linearized Navier-Stokes, Frequency Domain, under Acoustics->Aeroacoustics. In this way, it is possible to calculate the eigenfrequencies of a solid interacting with a fluid. I am using the 5.1 version, I do not know if the older versions have this module. I hope this helps. Giorgio

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.