Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find consistent values; simulation time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello COMSOL users,

I have modelled a HV cable to check the Joule heat in the insulation of the cable which is transferred by the ohmic losses in the conductor. Therefore, I used the multiphysics coupling the electric currents and heat transfer. Some of the parameters of the cable insulation vary with the increase of testing time of the cable. I want to check the distribution of the temperature and electric field along the cable insulation.

So, I use a time dependent solver with the simulation time of 1 hour (with 1/10 time step). DOF = 25354, ran without errors. Until now, everything works well!!

When I use a simulation time greater than 1.5 hours, it stops with error 'Failed to find consistent values'. How could I interpret this error, when it ran with simulation time of 1 hour??

Is it a boundary condition problem, meshing or the variation of the parameters of the cable insulation? Any insight to this error is highly appreciated!!

--
Regards
Sai Charan

0 Replies Last Post Sep 25, 2015, 11:18 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sai Charan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.