Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient Pressure acoustics study-plotting shear waves and longitudonal waves separately

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,
I had made a Transient pressure acoustics study and used Electrostatics physics to generate acoustic pressure waves in air and its transfer to a solid material cube block. I used Electric potential at surface of piezoelectric material as a source of the sound field. The analysis was successful and I can see various waveform in the results without problems.
Now I need to analyze both the shear waves response and the longitudinal waves response in this solid cube block.
I can see the results of the stress pressure inside the solid. However, I need to split the shear waves and longitudinal waves so I can see their propagation separately.
How to do that. which post-processing function I have to use to separate both types of waves.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Best Regards,
Hossam

0 Replies Last Post Nov 9, 2015, 5:30 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello H. Mohamed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.