Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

transform coordinate system

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsollers

I am aware of the coordinate system available under definitions that allow us to define conditions in different coordinate system. My question is whether it is possible to use coordinate system that is mapped to an irregular surface. For example, I have a curved surface in 3D and across this surface, I would like to prescribe the variation of some parameters against the xp and yp coordintes, xp and yp being the coordinate system across the surface. Can this be done in COMSOL and how do I do this if it is possible?

Thank you.

Best wishes,
EH

2 Replies Last Post Nov 27, 2015, 12:12 a.m. EST

Posted: 9 years ago Nov 27, 2015, 12:03 a.m. EST
I think a better way to rephrase my question is whether COMSOL can do curvilinear coordinate system.
I think a better way to rephrase my question is whether COMSOL can do curvilinear coordinate system.

Posted: 9 years ago Nov 27, 2015, 12:12 a.m. EST
Nevermind, I found out how. There is a physics under the Maths Module.
Nevermind, I found out how. There is a physics under the Maths Module.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.