Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

air flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am one of the students doing my final project on air flow against buildings. I am new to COMSOL and I had read all tutorials concerning the fluid flow but still many problems exist when simulation carried out. I have two blocks; block 1 is in block 2. I chose only one material (air) in block 2 (excluding block 1), and the flow is in laminar flow (2D). inlet and outlet also included in Block 2. I didn't change anything like equation, BC, initial value, etc...

After following the procedures, Meshing and Calculate, Problems like mu value for a material and the distribution shown is in one color (green) may appear in the system.

Is there anyone can assist me in this situation? ... I am using COMSOL 4.2.

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Dec 1, 2015, 8:57 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago Dec 1, 2015, 8:57 a.m. EST
Hello Tiamwa,

A back-of-the-envelope calculation suggests that (assuming you used typical values for the material properties of air, the dimensions of buildings and velocity of the air flow at the inlet) the flow would not be laminar.

Of course there could be other problems with your set-up. Please consider posting your mph file to get more feedback from Forum users.

Best,
Jeff
Hello Tiamwa, A back-of-the-envelope calculation suggests that (assuming you used typical values for the material properties of air, the dimensions of buildings and velocity of the air flow at the inlet) the flow would not be laminar. Of course there could be other problems with your set-up. Please consider posting your mph file to get more feedback from Forum users. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.