Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Varying Boundary Conditions on Restart

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

All right, so I am very new to COMSOL and trying to start out using a model someone else built, but implementing some different BCs than they did. I am modeling heatflux on a structure in a wind tunnel. I am simply assuming a heatflux profile and trying to understand the temperature within the model as a funcion of time.

But, during the .5 second tunnel start-up, I do not know the heatflux. So, during that time I specify an ambient temperature and use a "temperature" BC and then the model reacts to the ambiet temperature. That part works.

For the next 1.5 seconds, my goal is to apply a heatflux (specified by a function) and have the model start where it left off, and react to the heatflux. So, I change the BC to "Heatflux" and specify the function for heatflux as a function of time. I then choose to restart where the "initial value" is the "current solution", and the "values of variables not solved for and linearization point" is the "current solution".

The problem is that the results show that the temperature going forward is reset to the initial conditions instead of running from the BC change over pint. Any thoughts?

0 Replies Last Post Sep 23, 2010, 11:12 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ted Earp

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.