Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D time dependent heat transfer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I'm a new user and it's my first time trying to simulate a time dependent situation. I have a 2D square that is being heated from the bottom side (boundary heat source) and want to see how the heat proceeds in the sample.
Using the time dependent mode, all I get as a time range is a 0 to 1 range that is divided in 0.1 sections. But what I need to do is to define how long I want the heat to be applied, and be able to see the results at each given time.
Could you please help me with this?
Thank you

1 Reply Last Post Oct 5, 2010, 2:14 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2010, 2:14 a.m. EDT
Hi

1) instead of having a series 1 0.1 0.2 .. 1 you can use any duration
2) if you have time source Q you can define it as a time dependent function, like a two seconds duration Q(t)= 100[W/m^2]*(t<2)

the bolean (t<2) wil go to =0 when t (time) >= 2 [s]

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi 1) instead of having a series 1 0.1 0.2 .. 1 you can use any duration 2) if you have time source Q you can define it as a time dependent function, like a two seconds duration Q(t)= 100[W/m^2]*(t

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.