Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can I build three phase electrical cable in COMSOL to calculate Power Loss

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am trying to model a three phase electrical cable in COMSOl to calculate Power loss.

Is there any model anybody can share or is there any video talking about electrical cable calculating power loss?

Thank for your help.
Bin

4 Replies Last Post Mar 7, 2016, 10:50 p.m. EST

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 6, 2016, 1:49 p.m. EST
Hi,

There is a solution to your problem. If you already have drawn your model and energized it with a current, you can find the power loss by doing the following:

1. Click on "results"
2. Click on "derived values"
3. Choose surface integration
4. Select the desired domains for analysis (you can select all three phases if you like)
5. Apply the following expression under "Expression": mf.Qrh and click on evaluate.

The results will appear right below your model in a table. I hope this helps.

Best regards

Tord
Hi, There is a solution to your problem. If you already have drawn your model and energized it with a current, you can find the power loss by doing the following: 1. Click on "results" 2. Click on "derived values" 3. Choose surface integration 4. Select the desired domains for analysis (you can select all three phases if you like) 5. Apply the following expression under "Expression": mf.Qrh and click on evaluate. The results will appear right below your model in a table. I hope this helps. Best regards Tord

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 6, 2016, 5:00 p.m. EST
Dear Officer,

Thank you so much. Should I use es or ec interface? Do you have any related model can share with me?

Thank you very much,
Best,
Bin
Dear Officer, Thank you so much. Should I use es or ec interface? Do you have any related model can share with me? Thank you very much, Best, Bin

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 1, 2016, 2:31 p.m. EST
Hi Bin,

I am so sorry for keeping you waiting, I am a bit occupied these days with my master thesis.
You can see that I have attached a file. This file should work perfectly. It is three single phased cables in the frequency domain of 50 Hz, 150 A. The pipe in the model is (just for fun) made of aluminum, so you can also review the power loss in the pipe due to eddy currents.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else, and give me a notice if you have problems with the model.

Best regards,

Tord
Hi Bin, I am so sorry for keeping you waiting, I am a bit occupied these days with my master thesis. You can see that I have attached a file. This file should work perfectly. It is three single phased cables in the frequency domain of 50 Hz, 150 A. The pipe in the model is (just for fun) made of aluminum, so you can also review the power loss in the pipe due to eddy currents. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else, and give me a notice if you have problems with the model. Best regards, Tord

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 7, 2016, 10:50 p.m. EST
It is very useful!!! thank you so much!!!
It is very useful!!! thank you so much!!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.