Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC/DC Magnetic forces together

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am trying to apply the loading from two types of magnetic forces to see the frequency response of a cantilever beam due to that loading. The two magnetic forces that I have are an AC magnetic forces (from a coil) and DC magnetic forces (from permanent magnet). Therefore, one of them is frequency independent and the other one is dependent

I think I should consider them as magnetic field, no current (for permanent magnet) and magnetic field (for the coil). Once I do it, it seems that they are not connected. Am I missing something?

How should I connect these two physics.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 1, 2016, 8:04 p.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Morteza Meybodi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.