Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error message when building a 3D-model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear community,

I've expanded the built-in optical ring resonator model from 2D to 3D. Additionally, I've added the same geometry above the model to simulate air and under the model to simulate a substrate (with n = n_clad). Apart from these changes, I've strictly sticked to the definitions etc. as given in the PDF.

Surprisingly, whenever I try to do the parametric sweep (or any other computation), I get the following message:

"Error in sweep. The following feature has encountered a problem:

Internal error in solutionMerge
Variables property does not include all variables in xmesh
-Feature: Dependent Variables 1 (sol1/v1)"

I wonder if this error message has anything to do with me adding a third dimension or if it's maybe that the phase angle is not properly defined with respect to z?

Anyways, I would be happy about any feedback and/or help.

Thanks!

P.S.: Also, please find the model attached.

0 Replies Last Post Feb 2, 2016, 9:15 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jan Szabados

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.