Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pulse train

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi

I want to make a pulse train of 50 pulses. My one pulse last for 20ns . So as per my calculation i need a pulse after every .0204s. I am using analytic function for doing that. But when I enter .02 s in upper limit of periodic extension , there are only two pulses one at 0 ans another at one.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Regards

Gagan

2 Replies Last Post Feb 9, 2016, 4:27 a.m. EST

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 9, 2016, 1:59 a.m. EST
Do you mean that when plotting your function you don't see the pulses, or when solving the pulses do not appear properly? In the latter case it would be the question of time stepping.

I attach the function I developed for myself a few years back when I had a pulsed boundary condition.

BR
Lasse
Do you mean that when plotting your function you don't see the pulses, or when solving the pulses do not appear properly? In the latter case it would be the question of time stepping. I attach the function I developed for myself a few years back when I had a pulsed boundary condition. BR Lasse

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 9, 2016, 4:27 a.m. EST
Hi Lasse
Thanks for your reply

Actually when i plot the analytic function, In the plot there should be 50 pulses in 1 sec but actually there are only two pulses in one second. So I want to know how could I have 50 pulses in 1 sec.

Pulses are rectangular in shape

Thanks
Hi Lasse Thanks for your reply Actually when i plot the analytic function, In the plot there should be 50 pulses in 1 sec but actually there are only two pulses in one second. So I want to know how could I have 50 pulses in 1 sec. Pulses are rectangular in shape Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.