Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The translational motion in solid mechanics - how to use stationary solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The translational motion in heat transfer simply adds a convective term in the heat conduction equation.
My aim is to make a stationary solid mechanics simulation which considers the transport of state variables (something similar to a thermal analysis with translational motion). Then the state variables (inelastic strains) should follow moving material.

For demostration please have a look to the attached models. Model 1: simulates the temperature field in a moving continuous rod which is cooled at in the middle. Model 2: computes the termal stresses in the same model. If I use a stationary solver and look the plastic strains at cold side of the rod. They are zero on cold side (but should be non-zero). However, The plastic strains developed during cooling should be transported to this side. How can I achieve this by using a stationary solver?

Best Regards
Dr. Kaymak

0 Replies Last Post Feb 11, 2016, 10:10 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello GuRu@BFI

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.