Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Growing, interacting geometry over time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am a TU Delft student and I am trying to simulate the sintering of filaments during the Fused Deposition process. I assume a inintial filament cross section and want to "deposit" four filaments consecutively in two layers to study their interaction. The thermoplastic filament has a initial temperature such that the polymer is in a viscous liquid state and I would like to study the interaction with adjacent filaments. The layers have a elongated U shape and lie on top of each other. My question is how to model the time evolution of the deposition process by growing the geometry with brick like timesteps? Any hints are welcome.

Kind regards,

Marten

1 Reply Last Post Feb 29, 2016, 2:42 a.m. EST
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Feb 29, 2016, 2:42 a.m. EST
Hi Marten,

Please mail your question to: support@comsol.com

Best,
François Mandias
Hi Marten, Please mail your question to: support@comsol.com Best, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.