Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can I simulate the motion of resonant scanner with a laser beam incidence and reflection using Comsol? Or I need to use different software?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'd like to see the motion of the beam incidence onto a resonant scanner travels with 20 degrees wide in front of a quartz window of a closed hollow spherical geometry. It is important to see the reflection inside the geometry.
Knowing that the resonant scanner has a sine wave (sinusoidal movement not a constant speed) with maximum speed at the centre (Vmax sin wt) and the speed decreases towards the edge of a 12.7 mm diameter mirror .It runs at one fixed frequency, the resonant frequency of the scanner.

The distance between the mirror and the center of the geometry is 510 mm .

Can I simulate the movement of the laser beam and the resonant mirror with a 20 degrees wide angle using comsol with ray optics module?

0 Replies Last Post Mar 16, 2016, 1:49 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Moustafa AO

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.