Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Custom Linear Solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I'm wondering whether it is possible to use custom linear solver for my model on comsol.
For example, can I use my original solver implementation instead of MUMPS or PARDISO at Study ->Solver configuration -> Solution -> Direct Solver -> Solver?

1 Reply Last Post Mar 24, 2016, 10:45 a.m. EDT
Josh Thomas Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 24, 2016, 10:45 a.m. EDT
Seki-

I would recommend looking into using the "Assemble" feature. Right-click on the Solution node which is found within the Study node. Then, select Other>Assemble.

Select the appropriate check boxes for the matrices and vectors you want to inspect or modify and save the model as a model file for Java or export to tabular format. You can then have the raw system matrix data available if you'd like to use your own solver.

--
Best regards,
Josh Thomas
AltaSim Technologies
Seki- I would recommend looking into using the "Assemble" feature. Right-click on the Solution node which is found within the Study node. Then, select Other>Assemble. Select the appropriate check boxes for the matrices and vectors you want to inspect or modify and save the model as a model file for Java or export to tabular format. You can then have the raw system matrix data available if you'd like to use your own solver. -- Best regards, Josh Thomas AltaSim Technologies

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.