Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

(Scaterring Nanosphere) Built in Application Model Explanation for Far Field Calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am following the Built in Model in Comsol 5.2 "Scaterring (Gold) Nanosphere" to create a similar model.
The only difference I'm aiming for is insted of modeling a quarter of the sphere I'm going for the whole sphere. For this I have avoided including the PEC and PMC conditions.

Now, after the "Results" portion in the accompanying PDF guide of the model, I am facing several problems.

Firstly:
In page 18 of the PDF under "Results" title, I am told to click the "Selection". But for some reason it's greyed out in my results toolbar.

Secondly:
After that, in the PDF under "Polar Plot Group 2", it tells me to select "Edges 5 and 15". After selecting these two edges it calculates the "Far Field Norm".
This Basically selects the Air-PML edge in the XZ plane.
Can anyone please elaborate the criteria for Far-Field Calculations. Which edges do I need to select for calculating a similar Polar Plot Group. Thanks a lot.

0 Replies Last Post Mar 25, 2016, 3:23 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Riyasat Ohib

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.