Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametrizing geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

Until 3.5a, I used to define geometries by variables defined in the constant/expressions list. This made it possible to conveniently change the scale/size of geometrical objects in script by simply changing the values assigned to variables in constant list.

Now having started with 4.0a just now, I noticed that I cannot create geometrical objects by using variables defined in the model. Is it just me or that is indeed impossible to do in this version? I would like to define a variable, say d=10, and then create a square with dimensions equal to the same.

Thanks in advance.
Shakeeb

2 Replies Last Post Nov 3, 2010, 5:07 a.m. EDT
Ruud Borger COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 2, 2010, 3:23 p.m. EDT
Hi Shakeeb,

Since Comsol v4.0 and newer, you can define the geometry parametrically in the Comsol GUI.
Hi Shakeeb, Since Comsol v4.0 and newer, you can define the geometry parametrically in the Comsol GUI.

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 3, 2010, 5:07 a.m. EDT
Thanks Ruud, I found it out how it is done!
Thanks Ruud, I found it out how it is done!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.