Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

adding move to the fluid-solid interface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate an elastic solid moving in a fluid domain. The fluid solid interface boundary has a defined movement. How to achieve this? Do I need to add other module except for the fluid structure interaction?
very grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

2 Replies Last Post Oct 23, 2016, 11:43 p.m. EDT
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Apr 5, 2016, 3:53 a.m. EDT
Hi Gengyun Li

Have a try with this tutorial: www.comsol.ch/model/particle-t...g-in-a-​micromixer-12151
which is rigid - this is the meaning of the fluid-solid boundary has a defined movement (a.k.a prescribed displacement). Later you can try to add elasticity, i.e. have a feedback of the fluid forces on the solids if necessary.

Best regards,

Sven Friedel
Hi Gengyun Li Have a try with this tutorial: www.comsol.ch/model/particle-t...g-in-a-​micromixer-12151 which is rigid - this is the meaning of the fluid-solid boundary has a defined movement (a.k.a prescribed displacement). Later you can try to add elasticity, i.e. have a feedback of the fluid forces on the solids if necessary. Best regards, Sven Friedel

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 23, 2016, 11:43 p.m. EDT
Dear Sven,

The linkage you provided is invalid at present. The discussion topic is precisely what I am concerned about. For most FSI example in manual, the outer boundary for all domains are fixed. If the outer boundary is moving, i.e. the solid boundary, as a part of outer boundary, is deformed under exterior loading. How to prescribe this kind of boundary condition for ALE equation in FSI module.

Thanks,

Zeng
Dear Sven, The linkage you provided is invalid at present. The discussion topic is precisely what I am concerned about. For most FSI example in manual, the outer boundary for all domains are fixed. If the outer boundary is moving, i.e. the solid boundary, as a part of outer boundary, is deformed under exterior loading. How to prescribe this kind of boundary condition for ALE equation in FSI module. Thanks, Zeng

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.