Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2 electro-magnets

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I would like to simulate the current in the coils and the induced magnetic fields in the irons of 2 electro-magnets, the effect of the producted magnetic field on a piece metal close to the magnets and its heating.

Now the 2 pieces of iron are excited by 2 coils. The first question is: could I use just one external current source? Or is it necessary to use two different sources for each coil? Since in the 2 coils there is the same current I was thinking to use just one external source. Is it possible?

The second question is about the electrical circuit. I didn't understand, from the examples (I saw E-Core Transformer), in which way COMSOL sets the nodes. I have 2 independent coils. In which way I can set that the current source 1 is applied to the coil 1 only or that the current source 1 should be applied to all the coils?

0 Replies Last Post May 1, 2016, 9:14 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sabrina Piga

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.