Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Studies on diffusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm looking for some help and advice, I have 3 issues that I would love to solve, all of them are related to one another.

1. I'm doing some studies on diffusion for a CO2 - H2O system in a drop of water, and would like to know if it is possible to do so in my version of COMSOL (5.1), and any advice or tutorial on how to do it. Any diffusion tests/studies or tutorial about how to do them in COMSOL are welcome.

2. As another question, related to the same studies, I would like to learn if I can insert a geometry in which its contour/border changes over time (elongates, deforms, takes a non-spherical shape). The reason for this is to represent the drop of water, from my studies above, as pear shape as possible and not just approximate it to a sphere for the studies.

3. I have some data that the University gave me to start my studies which are in a Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet, and I’m interested about the possibility of importing that data into COMSOL. Is there any way possible to do so?

Would love any help, advice or guides on how to solve my concerns and doubts above, everything you may teach me will be appreciated, thanks.

The version of COMSOL I’m using is 5.1, if this is of any help.
Thank you all for your time, any help is appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post Dec 21, 2016, 6:21 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juan Manuel Melendez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 21, 2016, 6:21 a.m. EST
Hi,
Did you get the soultion for what you are searching for i.e; CO2 with water drop diffusion. I'm working on a similar platform. Could you please help.. If you have the model can you please mail to me at p2016016@hyderabad.bits-pilani.ac.in
Thanks
Hi, Did you get the soultion for what you are searching for i.e; CO2 with water drop diffusion. I'm working on a similar platform. Could you please help.. If you have the model can you please mail to me at p2016016@hyderabad.bits-pilani.ac.in Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.