Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependent temperature on baundary conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Im new to COMSOL

I have a 2D model for heat transfer where i like to put following baundaries for the temperature dependent on the time. The time dependent are :

T = 291.15 * (t<5h)
1.4*t+293.15*(5h<t<15h)
325.15 * (15h<t<20h)
325.15-1.4*t * (15h<t<20h)

How and where do i put this into the boundery conditions?

1 Reply Last Post Nov 20, 2010, 8:23 a.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 20, 2010, 8:23 a.m. EST
Hi

try to set it on your boundary fixed temperature, then when you run a transient simulation simulation that will scan t for you (you must set-up the range

You can also do a stationary analysis, but be aware that COMSOL considers its internal variable t=0 in stationary, so your time dependent BC's must be set accordingly

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try to set it on your boundary fixed temperature, then when you run a transient simulation simulation that will scan t for you (you must set-up the range You can also do a stationary analysis, but be aware that COMSOL considers its internal variable t=0 in stationary, so your time dependent BC's must be set accordingly -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.