Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

modeling a reactor with heat exchange [syngas]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Actually I am doing a university project where we need to modelize a reactor for the reaction of syngas and our teacher asked if we could make three different levels of complexity

• First of all, a concentric reactor where inside of the tube we have entering ch4 and h2o and in the exterior we have water for the heat exchange
• The second is making a multi-tubular reactor where the reaction is in one side and the water in the other.
• And for the last a plate reactor
The reaction of the syngas is:
CH4+H2O=>3*H2+CO
In gaz/vap state

My problem at the time I can’t even arrive to make the first case and more simple, for each part I took:
Flows: fluid flow/single-phase flow/turbulent flow
Heat flows: heat transfer/Heat transfer in fluids
Reaction: chemical species transport/reacting flow/turbulent flow
But I can’t arrive to simulate, is there any example where I could learn how to use properly these 3 modes or the propers models for a case like the one I have.

0 Replies Last Post May 24, 2016, 9:47 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Franco Otaola

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.