Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

immersed boundary method

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody ,

i'm really new in Comsol and i'm wondering, if comsol offers the possibility to simulate the flow in an elastic pipe by the immersed boundary method.

Best regards,

Paolo

3 Replies Last Post May 27, 2016, 3:08 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago May 27, 2016, 8:44 a.m. EDT
Hello Paolo,
You can get an introduction to COMSOL's use in Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) modeling at these links:
www.comsol.com/blogs/kinds-fsi-problems-can-comsol-multiphysics-solve/
www.comsol.com/blogs/fluid-structure-interaction-fsi-using-comsol-multiphysics/
www.comsol.com/model/peristaltic-pump-985
The software does not use the IB method.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Paolo, You can get an introduction to COMSOL's use in Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) modeling at these links: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/kinds-fsi-problems-can-comsol-multiphysics-solve/ https://www.comsol.com/blogs/fluid-structure-interaction-fsi-using-comsol-multiphysics/ https://www.comsol.com/model/peristaltic-pump-985 The software does not use the IB method. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago May 27, 2016, 9:44 a.m. EDT
Hi Jeff,

thank you for your answer.

I have two more question.
Is the Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) modeling tool also able to simulate the extension of a pipe by turbulant flow for example?

I also want to take additionally the effect of some paricles in the fluid.
Is it possible to combine this effect with the first effect?

Best regards,

Paolo

Hi Jeff, thank you for your answer. I have two more question. 1. Is the Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) modeling tool also able to simulate the extension of a pipe by turbulant flow for example? 2. I also want to take additionally the effect of some paricles in the fluid. Is it possible to combine this effect with the first effect? Best regards, Paolo

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago May 27, 2016, 3:08 p.m. EDT
Hello Paolo,
1/ Yes.
2/ It depends on what you have in mind. I recommend you contact your local COMSOL representative to arrange a more in-depth discussion: www.comsol.com/contact/ .
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Paolo, 1/ Yes. 2/ It depends on what you have in mind. I recommend you contact your local COMSOL representative to arrange a more in-depth discussion: www.comsol.com/contact/ . Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.