Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

two phase laminar flow in 3d

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi I m supposed to simulate two-phase laminar flow problem (moving mesh).

the size of a cyl is ,
r=5 h=5
The bottom of the cylinder is fixed and the top of the cylinder is moving with a certain speed in normal direction.
the side face of the cyl. is exposed to the air.

geometry
cyl : r=5 h=5
material water
physics
wall at h=0 : no silp and predescribed mesh velocity =0
wall at h=5 : moving wall u=0.01 m/s and predescribed mesh velocity=0.01m/s
r=5 external fluid interface predescribed mesh velocity inactive

the error mesg. :
remeshing fulfilled for initial time. or last time step of newton method is not converged.
singularity problem..etc

help.

3 Replies Last Post Aug 9, 2016, 4:35 a.m. EDT

Posted: 8 years ago Jun 16, 2016, 6:49 a.m. EDT
Hi
I am doing capillary filling in 3D. I hav same problem .
Do you get the solution.
Hi I am doing capillary filling in 3D. I hav same problem . Do you get the solution.

Posted: 8 years ago Jun 21, 2016, 5:19 p.m. EDT
Check you mesh quality which should be higher than the stop and remesh condition set (default 0.2). if you are using moving mesh, switch over to deformed geometry .
Check you mesh quality which should be higher than the stop and remesh condition set (default 0.2). if you are using moving mesh, switch over to deformed geometry .

Posted: 8 years ago Aug 9, 2016, 4:35 a.m. EDT

thank you for your kind reply. i changed remesh condition set from 0.2 to 0.4 but it returned following error.
failed to find consistent initial values (automatic remeshing)

is there any change in getting a solution if i use the module "deformed geometry " instead of "moving mesh"?
thank you for your kind reply. i changed remesh condition set from 0.2 to 0.4 but it returned following error. failed to find consistent initial values (automatic remeshing) is there any change in getting a solution if i use the module "deformed geometry " instead of "moving mesh"?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.