Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No extended mesh generated - error.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I recently posted a question about solving two coupled PDEs. One is an eigenvalue equation and the second is Poissons equation. I might have solved this problem, but the process encounters an error that is not covered by the documentation.
The error I get is in the second step where Poissons equation is solved.

No extended mesh generated.
- Mesh case: -1
- Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)

I have tried to google the error but without luck. I guess it has to do with the fact that the second study steps lacks a meshing of the geometry or something. Does anyone have an idea what it means.
My script is attached below.

3 Replies Last Post Jun 16, 2016, 9:44 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jun 15, 2016, 12:02 p.m. EDT
Hello William,
I do not work in your field or understand what you are trying to achieve with this model, but one thing I noticed in your file is that you are using u in the right-hand side of the Poisson equation in domains 1 through 3 - but as far as I can tell u is not defined in domain 3 since your Coefficient Form PDE is only posed on domains 1 and 2. At least that is a problem.
I hope this helps.
Best,
Jeff
Hello William, I do not work in your field or understand what you are trying to achieve with this model, but one thing I noticed in your file is that you are using u in the right-hand side of the Poisson equation in domains 1 through 3 - but as far as I can tell u is not defined in domain 3 since your Coefficient Form PDE is only posed on domains 1 and 2. At least that is a problem. I hope this helps. Best, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago Jun 15, 2016, 6:28 p.m. EDT
Thank you for the answer.
I have now remove the outer domain, such that both equations are only defined on the two inner circles. However, it seems that the error remains. Do you have any idea what this extended mesh error could mean?
Thank you for the answer. I have now remove the outer domain, such that both equations are only defined on the two inner circles. However, it seems that the error remains. Do you have any idea what this extended mesh error could mean?

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jun 16, 2016, 9:44 a.m. EDT
After a substantial modification to you model like removing a domain and as a result changing some boundary conditions, you may want to build the solver sequence again from scratch.
If the problem persists, as always I would recommend that you consider posting the latest version of your file for Forum users more knowledgeable than me in your field to be able to provide productive feedback.
Best,
Jeff
After a substantial modification to you model like removing a domain and as a result changing some boundary conditions, you may want to build the solver sequence again from scratch. If the problem persists, as always I would recommend that you consider posting the latest version of your file for Forum users more knowledgeable than me in your field to be able to provide productive feedback. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.