Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Huge file size despite clearing everything

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have an mph file with a size of 233MB (version 4.4), which I would like to reduce as much as possible. I have cleared all solutions, cleared the mesh, and compactified file history. Despite all that, the file remains 233 MB.

Obviously I cannot post the file here. I'm attaching a screenshot. It's an exremely simple geometry. I don't see why the file should be bigger than a few 100s kB.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
I

1 Reply Last Post Jul 6, 2016, 4:54 a.m. EDT
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 6, 2016, 4:54 a.m. EDT
HI Itay,

try to right click on Solver configurations and delete them. If this does not help delete the whole study.
If this does not help either, you might want to contact us through the support center.
www.comsol.com/support
A way to upload large files is illustrated there as well.

Best regards,
Sven Friedel
HI Itay, try to right click on Solver configurations and delete them. If this does not help delete the whole study. If this does not help either, you might want to contact us through the support center. https://www.comsol.com/support A way to upload large files is illustrated there as well. Best regards, Sven Friedel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.