Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

extrude in comsol 5.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

is the only way to extrude in version 5.2 is to export the geometry from 2D and import it in 3D?
is there any way like in version 3.5 simply marke the shape and extrude it?

4 Replies Last Post Jul 7, 2016, 3:35 p.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 6, 2016, 3:50 p.m. EDT
For tips on how to get going with basic geometry operations, including a link to documentation that gives step-by-step instructions on how to perform an extrusion from a workplane, see my posts in this thread:
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/116352
Best regards,
Jeff
For tips on how to get going with basic geometry operations, including a link to documentation that gives step-by-step instructions on how to perform an extrusion from a workplane, see my posts in this thread: www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/116352 Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 7, 2016, 10:17 a.m. EDT
thank you so much

Regards
thank you so much Regards

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 7, 2016, 11:57 a.m. EDT
sorry but i have a geometry made on comsol 3.5 i am not abel to build it on comsol 5.2. it is 3 times extrude, but when i am doing the third one comsol take them as one object.
I attached the steps, so if you can please take a look it is simple geometry.

thank you
sorry but i have a geometry made on comsol 3.5 i am not abel to build it on comsol 5.2. it is 3 times extrude, but when i am doing the third one comsol take them as one object. I attached the steps, so if you can please take a look it is simple geometry. thank you

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Jul 7, 2016, 3:35 p.m. EDT
Like most users I suppose, I have not used 3.5a in years. The graphical user interface changed profoundly with version 4.0 (It now allows for traceability and parametrization on your geometry creation steps and includes many potent tools not formerly available), so trying to follow pre-4.0 instructions in a more recent version is unlikely to be your fastest route to a working model. I can only recommend you avoid trying to take shortcuts and learn the current version through the documentation I have pointed out, along the various video tutorials and other resources found on this website.
Best regards,
Jeff
Like most users I suppose, I have not used 3.5a in years. The graphical user interface changed profoundly with version 4.0 (It now allows for traceability and parametrization on your geometry creation steps and includes many potent tools not formerly available), so trying to follow pre-4.0 instructions in a more recent version is unlikely to be your fastest route to a working model. I can only recommend you avoid trying to take shortcuts and learn the current version through the documentation I have pointed out, along the various video tutorials and other resources found on this website. Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.