Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

symmetry boundary in flow model, symmetry plane not in flow domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I'm buidling a model of a heat exchanger which is symmetric along the flow direction (heat transfer+laminar flow). Unfortunetly I got two pipes which aren't part of the symmetry plane but have the same distance from it.

Is there a way to take the computational advantages of the symmetry nevertheless? I only found the possibility to declare the symmetry boundary for the heat transfer, where the symmetry plane is inside the relevant domain. I would need something to mirror the pipe to the other side..

Thanks,
Björn

0 Replies Last Post Jul 11, 2016, 7:58 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Björn Albertsen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.