Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

A error reads 'Failed to find a solution. Segregated Step 1 Singular matrix.'

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I built a cardiac cell model in 3D. There are two domains as the extracellular and intracellular space. Two Laplace's equations are applied to these two domains (∇∙8∇V_i=0,∇∙8∇V_e=0). Then I used 'boundary ODEs and DAEs' to apply two boundary conditions to interface between the extracellular and intracellular space (membrane) (8∇V_i=(d(V_i-V_e))/dt+I_ion,8∇V_e=-d(V_i-V_e))/dt-I_ion). When I ran it, it pops up a error like 'Failed to find a solution. Segregated Step 1 Singular matrix'. I think it is probable because the potential distribution is discontinuous over the membrane. How can I solve this problem?

Best wishes
Shuang Qian

0 Replies Last Post Jul 26, 2016, 1:16 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shuang Qian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.