Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem when plotting two isotherms

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am simulating two laser beams in a piece of Aluminum. The beams are separated by a distance of 150 microns with a velocity of 40mm/s. The first beam goes from 0 to 0.5 s, while the second starts in 0.51s to 1.01s in the opposite direction.
I want to plot both of isotherms, but in the same plane, one at 0.25s and the other in 0.76s. I want to know if there is a way to mix two 2D plots.

2 Replies Last Post Aug 18, 2016, 10:22 a.m. EDT
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Aug 17, 2016, 11:27 a.m. EDT
I want to plot both of isotherms, but in the same plane, one at 0.25s and the other in 0.76s. I want to know if there is a way to mix two 2D plots.

Add two contour plots to the same 2D plot group. By default the plots will use the data set specified in the plot group (Data=From parent). You should change this so that the two plots select the data set explicitly. Select the same data set in both plots, but let the evaluation times differ.

[QUOTE]I want to plot both of isotherms, but in the same plane, one at 0.25s and the other in 0.76s. I want to know if there is a way to mix two 2D plots.[/QUOTE] Add two contour plots to the same 2D plot group. By default the plots will use the data set specified in the plot group (Data=From parent). You should change this so that the two plots select the data set explicitly. Select the same data set in both plots, but let the evaluation times differ.

Posted: 8 years ago Aug 18, 2016, 10:22 a.m. EDT
Thank you Gunnard, it worked perfectly.
Thank you Gunnard, it worked perfectly.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.