Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Richard's equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

i want to simulate an injection problem. I have a fluid injected in a dry soil. The easiest way for me is to solve the Rachard's equation. The Problem is that I cant find the "Richar's Equation" at the Add physics interface.
Is there no "Richar's Equation" for the COMSOL 5.1?

Many thanks,
Anton

2 Replies Last Post Dec 7, 2016, 5:34 a.m. EST
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago Sep 2, 2016, 10:21 a.m. EDT
Hello Anton,
Richards equation is implemented in the Subsurface Flow Module. Make sure your license includes that optional product. You can check on that under File > Licensed and Used Products.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Anton, Richards equation is implemented in the Subsurface Flow Module. Make sure your license includes that optional product. You can check on that under File > Licensed and Used Products. Best regards, Jeff

Alexandre Martins Alves

Posted: 8 years ago Dec 7, 2016, 5:34 a.m. EST
Hi,
I'm using the 5.2 version of Comsol, and as I looked on the "Licensed and Used Products" field it seems that I have the subsurface module but Richard's equation don't appears as used to appera in earlier versions 4.4, for example.

Thanks in advance,
Alexandre
Hi, I'm using the 5.2 version of Comsol, and as I looked on the "Licensed and Used Products" field it seems that I have the subsurface module but Richard's equation don't appears as used to appera in earlier versions 4.4, for example. Thanks in advance, Alexandre

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.