Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Interior wall in free and porous media flow physics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have filter model which i did cfd analysis in both laminar and free and porous media flow .

The red marked part (attached below) is rectangular plate which acts like a interior wall where the air-flow mixture after entering through the inlet hits the rectangular plate and diverts into different flow direction.

(Note :The air flow mixture doesn't go into the rectangular plate ,the plate is kept for diverting the flow into directions ).
In laminar physics i have given interior wall option but when coming to the free and porous media flow there is no interior wall option so i tried wall and gave slip but there is no use and also the whole plate is not selecting only the edge is been selecting don't know why ?
So what should i do know ?
please suggest me

Thanks in advance
Regards
The comsol model is attached below (sep10)
The picture which shows the plate is also attached below(1234.jpg)

1 Reply Last Post Sep 23, 2016, 1:17 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago Sep 23, 2016, 1:17 a.m. EDT
Hi,

You can use laminar flow domain and enable porous media as a sub-domain within that (by clicking one of the check boxes). With that you'll be able to use all the attributes of the laminar flow domain within your porous media sub-domain. Hope that helps.

Hi, You can use laminar flow domain and enable porous media as a sub-domain within that (by clicking one of the check boxes). With that you'll be able to use all the attributes of the laminar flow domain within your porous media sub-domain. Hope that helps.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.